It’s no doubt that April Showers brings May flowers so here’s a quick guide on how to beat the rainy day blues.
- Make the bed.
- Whenever I know it is raining outside one of the things that allow me to feel so productive is making my bed. It tidies up the room regardless of how messy it may actually be.
- Listen to what makes you feel happy
- When I listen to something that makes me generally feel god my mood automatically lifts and I feel like I can enjoy the day a lot more thoroughly than if I could without listening to music.
- Dabble in a hobby or find something new to do
- There are so many great sites out there like Brit & Co that teach classes and sometimes you can even get classes for free. They teach skills like lettering, digital illustration, painting, and even photography. Some lessons only last 30 minutes and others are an hour, but either way, it is a perfect way to kill some time when it’s dreary out.
- Read a book
- Indulge yourself in a good book and let the day take you away. Some of my personal favorites would be Lord of the Flies and Brave new world.
- Clean and organize
- The best excuse to clean is a rainy day. You’re not typically wasting the day because it isn’t sunny and warm out but instead it is rainy and you can’t go sit outside! So instead clean one part of the house that you need to get done, and when that sunny day comes you can relax outside.
- Watch TV
- Catch up on all those reality television shows that you missed, or start a new season of a TV show!
- Make some plans
- When you make plans you start to look forward to something and become happy. Just think of making plans to see that new movie in town, or wearing that favorite outfit of yours out. Making plans is a great way to kill some time.
- Update or make a to-do list
- Nothing feels more satisfying than crossing something off of your to-do list. May it be something simple like put away socks in the drawer, you can still cross it off with satisfaction.
- Bake something sweet
- Baking is a fun and delicious way to spend your day. The recipes don’t need to be complex, buying a package of cookie dough and baking them in the oven is still baking! If you don’t want to run to the store, there are a lot of simple baking ideas on the web. Martha Stewart, AllRecipes, and Food.
- Sit back and relax
- Enjoy the rain, and enjoy the day. No steps required for that.
Until next time!